Coastal Plain Area EOA, Inc. will be accepting appointment calls for Cooling Assistance for residents aged 65 or older and those who are medically homebound in the month of May. The phone lines are open 24 hours a day, residents may start calling to schedule an appointment Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 6:00 AM.
In order for the household to be deemed medically homebound,
- All household members must have disabilities confining them to the home. The household members must be unable to travel to apply for Energy Assistance because of a medical condition which qualifies the persons for home services. If a medically homebound client is unable to schedule their own appointment, someone else may call in or schedule an appointment for them online.
In order for the household to be deemed as a senior household,
- Every person that lives in the home has to be 65 years old or older with one exception. The exception is that children under the age of 18 years old can live in the home and the home can still be considered a senior household.
Appointments will be taken by telephone or online at http://coastalplain.cascheduler.com until the allotted appointments have been made for May 2019.
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Proof of income for all household members for the past 30 days
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for each person in the household
- Last/current month’s heating bill for the household
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Current proof of citizenship or legal immigrant status (state issued picture identification (ID) such as: driver’s license, ID card, voter registration card, passport, military ID, etc.)
- If receiving SSI, Social Security, Pension, VA Benefits, or Worker’s Compensation the 2019 award letter is required. We cannot accept bank statements as proof of income.
These funds are for electricity assistance only. All applicants must meet the federal income poverty guidelines. The appointment line will close and open periodically based on the availability of funds.
You must sign up in the county you live in.
Appointment line toll free numbers are different for each county.
Appointment lines will be opened for General Public ONLY IF funding is still available after servicing residents aged 65 or older and those who are medically homebound.
|COUNTY||DATE / TIME||PHONE NUMBER|
|BEN HILL||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4475|
|BERRIEN||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-329-0904|
|BROOKS||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-329-3864|
|COOK||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4112|
|ECHOLS||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4114|
|IRWIN||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4115|
|LANIER||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4116|
|LOWNDES||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-351-4936|
|TIFT||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4113|
|TURNER||05/01/2019 at 6:00 am||1-229-234-4129|